Can I insist for a property exchange instead of being paid cash for the land that Government has expropriated from me?

No, you are only entitled to receive just compensation in terms of the relevant law and the Lands Authority will normally pay you this just compensation in cash. However Lands Authority will consider any suggestions you make for exchanging your compensation rights with other government-owned land, provided the difference in value between the two does not exceed 30 per cent. The decision whether to carry out the exchange is Lands Authority sole prerogative.

Skip to content