I am the tenant of Government non-residential property. Who is responsible for carrying out repairs?

All lease agreements for non-residential property carry with them the obligation of the tenant to keep the premises in a good state of repair and maintenance. The Lands Authority assumes responsibility only for repairs that are of an extraordinary/structural nature. Any complaint about repairs should be addressed to the Estate Management Directorate within Lands Authority. If repairs are approved the matter will be referred to the Department of Construction & Maintenance within the Ministry for Resources & Infrastructure for carrying out. If not approved tenant will be requested to carry out the repairs himself.

Skip to content