I need to carry out structural alterations in the property leased to me by Government. Do I need a Lands Authority permit?

Yes, property held on lease cannot be altered in any way except with the written consent of the Lands Authority, both in case of residential premises as well in the case of non-residential property. For this purpose you will need to write to Lands Authority Estate Management Directorate showing exactly on a plan what alterations you require to make. Plans need to be drawn up by an architect and a copy of MEPA’s development permit (where such permit is required by MEPA) must also be submitted. Lands Authority will not however be able to grant you such permit if the alterations you require extend beyond the property leased to you.

Skip to content