If I hold a shop on lease can I transfer the lease to third parties?

Yes, tenants of shops who wish to pass over their tenancy to a third party, are permitted to enter into a lease transfer agreement with same third party during the term of the lease. This is known as the Transfer by Goodwill Procedure. To so you will however need to submit an Application for the Transfer of Commercial Property (Goodwill Procedure) to the Lands Authority. Tenders are however required. For Further details see Clause 7 of the Policy for the Disposal of Non-Residential Property.

Skip to content