If I own property or hold it on lease, and am required to move out because of a Government project, will I be given alternative premises?

If the property in question is your place of residence, then Government shall provide you with adequate alternative accommodation. In the case of non-residential property (e.g. garage, store, shop etc.) Lands Authority is not obliged to provide you with alternative premises. Lands Authority will nevertheless try to provide you with an alternative of more or less the same area provided such alternative premises are available and provided the property is used for the same purpose you previously enjoyed. For further details please see Clause 13 of the Policy for the Disposal of Non-Residential Premises. You are also reminded that, in the case of privately owned property and in terms of the Land Acquisition (Public Purposes) Ordinance you may be entitled to compensation for the expropriation of your property rights.

Skip to content