Would Government expropriate the property under outright purchase terms or under some form of other title?

Government may, at its discretion, expropriate property either under absolute purchase terms or under possession and use terms or under public tenure. Under each case the compensation offered by Government is respectively the purchase value, a yearly acquisition rent and a yearly recognition rent. The law itself stipulates the way in which each type of compensation shall be calculated.

Skip to content